Author Topic: How to change forum width and other settings  (Read 3086 times)

ashish

How to change forum width and other settings
« on: Feb 13, 2013, 14:50:58 »
I have three questions

-How do i change the forum width  :)

-How do I change the color of background and other parts of the forum  :)

-And finally how do i add my own logo on the top in one of you themes  :)

Offline Arantor

• Club Member
Re: How to change forum width and other settings
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2013, 16:46:47 »
Um, which theme?
When you want help, I'm likely to ask you questions. It's not because I'm a stubborn pain in the backside, it's because I need that information to actually be *able* to help you. Sooner you provide it, sooner you get help, simple as that.

*cough* Levertine.

Offline ARG

• GFX Designer
  • Support Team
  • Civilian Support
    • North American Skywarn Network
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2013, 17:40:03 »
Um, which theme?

The more details the better. ;)

ashish

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2013, 18:07:05 »
Well i haven't installed any of you theme yet but i am first looking into install one of you free themes and then buying one of the premiums i just want to know to how much can you customize the themes and how.  ;)

p.s: I have a forum on cricket (the game) and i will be looking to make the feel of the forum to be something like this one http://www.cricketforum.com/ and this is what my site currently looks like http://www.cricforums.com/index.php.

Thanks for responding

Offline Arantor

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2013, 18:20:00 »
Pretty much anything can be done - the width is an easy change.

Thing is... with the free ones, you could just try it ;)
When you want help, I'm likely to ask you questions. It's not because I'm a stubborn pain in the backside, it's because I need that information to actually be *able* to help you. Sooner you provide it, sooner you get help, simple as that.

*cough* Levertine.

ashish

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2013, 18:57:58 »
Yeah I downloaded the silentwave and started experimenting and figured out how to change the width but could not figure how to change the categories color or how to change the header color :)

Offline Arantor

• Club Member
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2013, 19:23:51 »
Step 1: Get a decent browser with DOM inspection tools. Firefox + Firebug can do this, or Chrome plus its built in inspector tool will let you see what CSS controls those things.

Step 2: Change them!

In most SMF 2 themes, those things are controlled by images. Using the above tools you will be able to see which images these are and what parts of the images in question, which should help you get started on making the changes :)

(I'd sort of rather give you the tools to enable you to make changes rather than simply say 'go here, do this', because this way you'll be able to experiment and try more adventurous things for yourself :))

*cough* Levertine.

Offline ARG

• GFX Designer
  • Support Team
  • Civilian Support
    • North American Skywarn Network
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2013, 19:27:45 »
Those would all require custom alterations to specific images.

Header is located at images/custom/header-bg.jpg

Logo is located at images/custom/logo.png

Category is located at images/theme/main_block.png

(I'd sort of rather give you the tools to enable you to make changes rather than simply say 'go here, do this', because this way you'll be able to experiment and try more adventurous things for yourself :))

+10  :cheers: