Author Topic: Class Reunion Logo  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Kethra

• DS Friend
    • Chez moi
Class Reunion Logo
« on: Oct 21, 2008, 18:39:23 »
I've been messing around in Photoshop Elements (the only thing I have, don't laugh)

Came up with this logo for a site I'm working on for my upcoming high school reunion planning.

Comments/suggestions for improvement are welcomed.

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2008, 18:49:01 by Kethra »

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!" ~ The Doctor

Offline Exile

• Canadian Cheddar
Re: Class Reunion Logo
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2008, 19:55:12 »
I really tried to come up with something that could improve the appearance of your logo, but all I could think of is giving the rabbit a pink nose.

Seriously though, it looks real nice. The placements, color, and soft shadow effects all compliment the image without over doing it. If I had to be absolutely critical, I would suggest softening the edges on the bunny rabbit.

Nice and simple. :goodstuff:
No Neon colored confetti all over. :goodstuff:
Cute little bunny rabbit. :cheerleader:

Offline Kethra

• DS Friend
    • Chez moi
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2008, 19:57:25 »
LoL.  Thanks.  That was actually our mascot.  We were the Atlanta Rabbits.

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!" ~ The Doctor

Offline antechinus

• DS Friend
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2008, 00:57:36 »
Given the reputation of rabbits I suppose I should refrain from asking why that was your mascot.  ;D

Anyway it looks great. I agree with Noble. Offhand I can't think of any way to improve it.

Offline Kethra

• DS Friend
    • Chez moi
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2008, 08:17:44 »
Heh don't ask.  I was in the marching band... and we were the "Big Bad Band from Rabbitland"

I always called us the "Rabid Rabbits"  LOL

Anyway, I'm proud of myself with this site, so I'm gonna brag a bit!  I made some custom on/off buttons.

Can see them better against the DS-Natural background

http://www.ahsclass2000.com/index.php?action=forum

Offline Kethra

• DS Friend
    • Chez moi
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2008, 08:21:12 »
The only thing I haven't been able to manage was changing those drop down menu images you made for DS-Natural.  Beyond my grasp of Photoshop atm.

Offline Scoppy

• DzinerStudio
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2008, 10:01:35 »
How can i do a Home page like yours ? I really like it (a lot) :( Is it a configuration of TinyPortal or you modify any code ?
You can't touch this !!

Offline Kethra

• DS Friend
    • Chez moi
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2008, 10:22:29 »
It's a configuration of TinyPortal.  I have the beta version of TP installed, and I have forum posts + 2 lower blocks set to show up on the front page.  Quite simple to setup, you'll have to play with it.  I suggest maybe doing some experimentation on a test version of your site.

The only code I've included was for the new member block (look at TinyPortal.net under block code snippets for somewhere to start) and html in the myspace link block.

Offline antechinus

• DS Friend
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2008, 12:05:30 »
The only thing I haven't been able to manage was changing those drop down menu images you made for DS-Natural.  Beyond my grasp of Photoshop atm.
Actually those were made with GIMP. I still use it for some things as I find it more convenient than Photoshop. If you want me to make some more let me know. They're easy enough to do.

Offline antechinus

• DS Friend
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2008, 12:15:13 »
You used to have GIMP, right? If you want a rough tutorial on the drop images for DS-Natural it goes like this:

Make a conveniently sized rectangle and fill it with whatever colour you want.
Make a rectangular selection on the left and drop in a gradient to suit. Flip that over to the right as well.

Next is the rounded rectangle tool, obviously. Get the selection active with your preferred radius and apply a 2px stroke using the rounded corner option. Hit the thing with a 2px Gaussian blur. Stroke it again with a different colour and hit that with a 1px blur. This is all on the same layer btw. Final step is to copy the selection over to a transparent background and antialias it. Save as a png. Slice it up to suit. All done.